25 Course Videos
50 Test Questions
This course is designed to get you up and running with Adobe Photoshop. Whether you are new to Photoshop or just brushing up because you haven’t used it for a while, this course should help.
Most of the material should be relevant regardless of the version of Photoshop you are using. This course covers core Photoshop techniques in Photoshop Creative Cloud, but the user interface is pretty consistent from one version to another. Some features may work slightly differently, but the concepts are the same.
The expression “a picture is worth a thousand words” is as true today as ever.
Adobe Photoshop is the industry-standard tool for digital imaging, which makes Photoshop expertise a valuable commodity in the workplace. Learning Photoshop is also a good way to learn imaging concepts. Concepts you learn from working with Photoshop apply to other imaging tools as well (including Photoshop Elements, which has a very similar user interface and features).
How to use this guide:
The purpose of this course is to introduce basic Photoshop features and concepts so that you can use the program effectively. By the time you complete this course, you should be able to use Photoshop to open files and import images, move around images using navigation tools, understand basic imaging concepts, do basic image editing, and prepare images for print and online presentations.
This course includes the following sections:
1) Getting Started (Photoshop desktop, getting images into Photoshop, moving around an image, tips for using Photoshop)
2) Imaging Concepts (color modes, image size, resolution, and print size)
3) Acquiring images (opening files and importing images into Photoshop)
4) Editing Images (cropping, removing imperfections, adjusting contrast, correcting colors, and sharpening images)
5) More Image Editing (selection techniques, layers, adding type.)
6) Exporting and printing (Saving for the Web, inserting images into presentations, printing)
Students will gain a basic understanding of Adobe Photoshop and its capabilities.
Who is this course for? People interested in taking images and correcting or enhancing them.
Adobe Behance is the leading online platform to showcase and discover...
Dreamweaver is a website building software that has been around for...
This course is designed to get you up and running with Adobe Premiere...
After Effects is a Motion Media, Compositing, Animation and Special...
Adobe Flash/Animate is an animation and interactive media industry...
Animation comes from the Latin words “anima,” which means...